Pork loin with apple and goat cheese stuffing

scooter

Staff member
Pork loin with apple stuffing and goat cheese, BP's Hall of Fame jalapeno scalloped potatoes and garlic spinach.
Got inspired by RickB on PS.com to do a stuffed pork loin. Found a nice apple stuffing recipe on epicurious.com.
Dried apples, celery, shallots, garlic, sage, parsley, allspice, breadcrumbs, eggs and chicken broth to bind it. I used BPS Jalapeno Bacon rub instead of salt/pepper.
Butterflied the loin roast and laid it out. Placed the stuffing on top and added goat cheese on top then rolled it up and tied it with twine.
Rubbed the outside with cherry balsamic glaze from the BPS store then a light coating of jalapeno seasoned salt and Money.
IMG_0477_zps228c7dfd.jpg

Onto the drum at 275F. Used a chunk of applewood and a handful of cherry pellets for flavor
IMG_0482_zps456f1114.jpg

Put the scalloped potatoes together and into the MAK at 400F. I didn't notice but I was cooking at over 440F. I over cooked them and broke the cream. They tasted good but looked bad.
IMG_0485_zps9a9add31.jpg

At 110IT time to flip over.
IMG_0487_zps5acf893b.jpg

At 150IT time to pull. The color off the drum is amazing! The crust had an great flavor!
IMG_0497_zps16e292aa.jpg

Plated with the scalloped potatoes and spinach. Made a pork gravy with a packet of Knorr's Pork gravy mix but instead of just adding water, added a mix of water, applejuice and Madera. It worked well and the stuffing was delicious. We'll be doing this one again for family.

IMG_0502_zps1453d813.jpg

IMG_0504_zpsfef7d5b7.jpg

Last edited:

deihardt8fan

You west coast guys come up with some pretty amazing concocsions! I'll have to look up that epicurious.com for some new recipes.

Top Bottom