Slap Yo Daddy Chicken

jimsbarbecue

Staff member
Cooked up some weekday lunch (Chicken Thighs) Rub used was Slap Yo Daddy chicken rub. Cooked on the drum with Pellet dust in the divertor. Used the dust because of short cook time. The photos shows it smoked like a train. I make my own dust. This was very good, get yourself some of this rub!

IMG_2139-L.jpg

IMG_2147-L.jpg

IMG_2144-L.jpg

scooter

Staff member
Jim, what's the dust you mentioned? Also, wondering if Harry's chicken rub is his regular meat rub mixed with his tang/country time lemonaide mix?

jimsbarbecue

Staff member
The Pellet dust I make by taking pellets pour into a half pan add some water and watch them swell up. The next day with you hands you stir it around and will have wet pellet dust. You can leave it in the sun to dry out. I put it in the warmer/ smoker box and in a few uses of the MAK it drys out the pellet dust.

scooter

Staff member
He says he teaches his 2008 rookie year comp recipes and his current cooker techniques. At least that's what he told us in his class.
I figure his recipes have taken many paths since 2008.

sheepdad

The Pellet dust I make by taking pellets pour into a half pan add some water and watch them swell up. The next day with you hands you stir it around and will have wet pellet dust. You can leave it in the sun to dry out. I put it in the warmer/ smoker box and in a few uses of the MAK it drys out the pellet dust.

Great idea jim, now all i need is some pelkets. Perfect for a quick smoke. Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom