Thermometers

MrAdam

What thermometers are you guys using for leave in, oven, and instant read? I'm thinking of getting a Maverick ET-732 but I'm not sure which thermometer to use for instant read.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

MrAdam

PS I haven't forgotten about you guys I'm still lurking. It's just to darned cold to smoke in Winnipeg in the winter. As soon as it warms up I'm doing some brisket!

Nafle

I blitt a igrill back in october, can set alarm on my iPhone or iPad. Just love it. Haven't tried the maverik but.... Thinking of trying it later :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

southga

I have the ET-732 & it is great. I don't have an instant read. A Themapen is the next item on my wish list. I have a cheap dial pocket therm I use to check internal temps for chicken, etc

sheepdad

For a leave in i have the Mav 732. Actually 2 of them and have yet to experience a problem. I did by the 6ft wire probes for my set up and haven't had any problems with them either.
For an instant read I have a ThermoWorks RT600. Reads in 6secs, accurate, rugged, waterproof, dishwasher proof (I've ran it thru about 4 times) , and only cost $20.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

MrAdam

I treat my thermometer probes like I treat my knives: hand wash only.

sheepdad

I treat my thermometer probes like I treat my knives: hand wash only.

Probes and instant read Thermometers are different animals. Yea, you can't get the wires wet on the probes and common sense says handwashing is a must for wired probes but Not for the RT600 thermometer. Like I said, I've run the RT thru the dishwasher 4 times and hand washed them to many times to count. No leaks and performs like new.

MrAdam

It's good to know they are making waterproof thermometers now, it's about time. I'd personally avoid putting it in the dishwasher, I'd just rather not take that risk.

1Dusty00a

I've got a Maverick ET-732 also and love it!!!!! Haven't had the problems of others have had, SOOOOO until then IT"S great!!! I also have a Temp Fork, but it doesn't get used much with the Mav around. Will probably get a Thermapen or a themaworks, will have to see how things go.

All Probes are Hand Wash ONLY.

Cmsmith225

I was just over at the Thermoworks HQ picking up a thermapen. The sales guy was chatting with me and told me they are getting ready to release a Bluetooth/iPhone type unit. It looks pretty sweet. Especially if it actually works. They said it should be up on the site in a week or so. More expensive than the maverick but if it works like the pen might be worth it.

Sent from "insert witty location or phrase"

Top Bottom