Got my kit!

firehouse_bbq

Well I ordered my BPS Drum Smoker Kit yesterday (thanks Kristen for the heads up), and came home today to find a large box from BPS (and a cranky wife :) )

I have a project for this weekend, drilling all the holes and buring the barrel. Going to see if I can burn it enough to get the liner out.....we will see.

Thanks to Wes for the barrel too!

Pics to follow!

Pete

firehouse_bbq

Spent some time today marking and drilling all the holes. Tomorrow it is time to burn it out. Might still need to get it sandblasted if I cant burn out the liner!

firehouse_bbq

Cut up a bunch of 2x4 and 4x4, light it up and let it burn for about 4 hours. Almost all of the paint on the outside is gone. Hard to tell yet about the liner on the inside, it is still warm. I will dump the ash tomorrow and see what the inside looks like.....

How did the burn out work ?

firehouse_bbq

trust me, when I first lit it, the amount of black smoke coming off of it made me nervous. It would be really embarrasing to have the big red fire truck pull up in front of your house with my work car from the same fire dept parked there :) and ask what is going on.....

Luckily, all was good, and hopefully tomorrow I can do some light sanding and paint it!

pete careful with that fire...hate to see you have to call the firedept....hahahahha (petes a fireman)

sheepdad

I see you made the NASA website with your drum burn. Can't believe nobody called the fire dept on you :eek::p:D

ty7e9emy.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom