Brisket Cook W/Water Pan

meat man

Someone might have already done this, but I'll throw it out there anyway. Cooked a really good prime packer on the drum the other day. I have an extra grill grate and put that on the fire basket holder above the lower one. I used a small disposable pan and filled it about 1/2 way with water. Got to tell ya it was one of my best ever. Sorry no pics, but it worked really well. Maybe this is contrary to how a drum should be used, I don't know. I just like the way it turned out.

chingador

sounds good. I have been wanting to do that myself. I read somewhere that a water pan will ramp up your fuel usage. not sure if that is true or not. How was your fuel usage. Did you make it all the way through on one basket of charcoal? The only brisket I have done on the drum was about 12lbs and I didn't quite make it. That isn't the end of the world. I can cook it past internal 165 then wrap and move to another pit while I reload coals.

meat man

I used a half pan, fuel usage I used 15 pounds of charcoal about a 7 hour cook, but it was 28 degrees outside. Good cooking guys.

Top Bottom