Pulled Pork

cowgirl

Good ole pulled pork!

I injected the pork butt with beef stock that was seasoned with cayenne, onion and garlic powders...
Sprinkled with Big Poppa Little Louies Seasoned Garlic Salt with Black Pepper
Smoked in the drum at 275F until reaching an internal temp of close to 200F, wrapped and rested the pork in a cooler before pulling.

f7528503.jpg

while the pork rested, I added bacon wrapped corn and a pot of beans to the drum...

3e6362f1.jpg

f5dc9bdf.jpg

The PP, beans, slaw, bacon wrapped corn and a couple of my spicy homemade greenbean pickles...

f9dbab23.jpg

Kind of a simple meal but I loved it at the time! lol

Thanks for looking!

sparky

yummy. i would like a plate plz. milk on the side. when you cooked the pork butt did you have to add more lump?

tugnut1

Bacon wrapped corn. Are you kidding me. That sounds awesome. How do you do it? I mean, how long do you cook it for and at what temp? We have this farm up here that has the absolute best corn and it is in season right now.

cowgirl

Thanks Sparky! I woulda shared with you. :)
I fill my hot coal basket to the top with briquettes and it's enough to last through the whole cook. No need to add more.
When I'm through cooking, I close the air intake and exhaust holes and the unused coals are extinquished. I can use them for the next cook.
Drums are really fuel effecient! :)

cowgirl

Bacon wrapped corn. Are you kidding me. That sounds awesome. How do you do it? I mean, how long do you cook it for and at what temp? We have this farm up here that has the absolute best corn and it is in season right now.

Thank you Tugnut! :)
I love bacon wrapped corn... (bacon wrapped anything. lol)

I drizzle the corn with olive oil, then season with cracked black pepper and coarse salt, then wrap in bacon.
You need to cover as many kernals of corn that you can, the bacon keeps the corn moist during the cook.

29e29b64.jpg

065f04de.jpg

It takes close to an hour to cook. I like my bacon crisp so I turn the corn when the bottoms are crisp and brown.

1de6cf07.jpg

Hope you give it a try,

Thanks again!

tugnut1

What do you think the temp is at when you do the corn? We are having a birthday party for my 6 year old boy this weekend and thought this would be really cool to do for the family.

Thanks for sharing this recipe.

cowgirl

What do you think the temp is at when you do the corn? We are having a birthday party for my 6 year old boy this weekend and thought this would be really cool to do for the family.

Thanks for sharing this recipe.

Tugnut I have made this corn at different temperatures. The higher the better if you do not have anything else in the cooker that needs to be smoked at a lower temperature.
I throw it in with what ever meat I am cooking and let go until crisp.
It comes out best at 275F on up to 350F. i like to leave it in until the bacon is crisp on all sides. Hope you have great luck with it! :)

great cook and thanks so much for the support!

Thanks Smokin' Pal! :)

spinny

Jeanie - I guess my first post attempt didn't go through. Did you foil at all? I don't want to mess up my first go at pulled pork on the drum with friends and family :)

I normally do pulled pork at 225 on the pellet smoker. Looks like 275 does a good job too. How long did it take at 275?

cowgirl

Hi Spinny, good to see you!

I didn't foil while cooking. Just wrapped and placed inside a cooler to rest when it reached 200F.
This butt took about 10 hours. I didn't weigh it before cooking, it was a home grown one.

Hope you have a great weekend! :)

Top Bottom