Pitmaster IQue 110 - Any users out there

firehouse_bbq

Hi All,

Now I know that the drums do not NEED an air controller, but for competitions, etc I would prefer to have the added benefit of a controller.

With that I have been looking at the Guru Digi X, but the price seems really high to me, especially the price of the fan alone.

I was looking at the Pitmaster Ique 110. Looks like a great, basic unit for controlling temps. Really like that it can run off 12v out of the box and included everything for about $140. Has anyone used this controller on their drum yet?

Would be curious to see what you all think.

Thanks

Pete

chingador

I bought one but have only used it with my Primo. I am very interested to know what kind of adapter to use to make this work.

firehouse_bbq

I like the stoker, but the $300+ price tag is what pushed me away.

In regards to the adapter, it will screw onto a 3/4" pipe fitting. I am thinking to mount a 3/4"pipe nipple on the bottom of the drum with a ball valve attached. when I want to use the blower, I will close the other vents, open the ball valve and let the fan do the work...

Pete, you should look at the Stoker.

wneill20

Pete, it is installed and ready for the brisket cook tomorrow. And the wife said she will forgive us if the brisket is the best one that i have ever cooked. I guess i better get my a game on. :)
79222c52d502ff7daf123cd3edb76cd0.jpg

Last edited:

wneill20

I think Im going to like this thing. Fired up the drum turn it on the fan kick on and brought the smoker up to temp settle in at 270 has i have it set. Thur the brisket on the temp in the drum drop the fan came back on took it 10* over set point but it has settle back down and has not moved.
1759b5643b5a05f2ccb26dbc292f0f24.jpg

firehouse_bbq

So other than MY brisket that your wife tried at the LE contest, as we know that was the best ever (just ask the judges) did yours from yesterday meet her expectations of the 2nd best brisket she ever ate :)

Pete, it is installed and ready for the brisket cook tomorrow. And the wife said she will forgive us if the brisket is the best one that i have ever cooked. I guess i better get my a game on. :)
79222c52d502ff7daf123cd3edb76cd0.jpg

wneill20

Yep yours was still better LOL. It did come out pretty good a little on the dry side, burnt inns were outstanding. Anyway when you get your drum completed and want to take the IQ 110 for a test run before you buy one let me know.

Last edited:

firehouse_bbq

I bet it was great! Did you wrap it at all?

I am still trying to find the "right" liquid to add when I wrap the brisket. I have tried everything from just beef broth, to our comp injections, to almost the kitchen sink!

Yep yours was still better LOL. It did come out pretty good a little on the dry side, burnt inns were outstanding. Anyway when you get your drum completed and want to take the IQ 110 for a test run before you buy one let me know.

Top Bottom