just ordered my kit!

sparky

sandblast buddy. you don't want any of the red stuff left in the drum and burning won't get it all.

Patrick_CT

I have the barrel and the kit arrived yesterday! I want to put a second rack in but not sure where would be the best place to put it. Any thought?
Second rack was maybe to add a water bowl if wanted or to increase capacity

Thanks!

cooper4476

great question.. Im thinking about getting a kit myself but had some questions about capacity...
How many racks of ribs can u cook on it? is there enough clearance to use a rib rack?
how did yours turn out?

BabelBBQ

On a single grate, I have cooked 6 racks of ribs using a weber rib rack. It was a tight fit, but it fit. There is plenty of height on the standard location for the cooking grate. If you watch the install video, it takes you through all of the measurements. I was a bit concerned before putting it together, wondered if I should be looking for a domed lid, but after putting it together, you will see that the ribs will fit.

Here is a link to the video Big Poppa Smokers Engineered Drum Smoker - YouTube Instructions say 26 inches from the bottom for the grill grate bolts. Standard height is 33.5 inches, so you have 7.5 inches of clearance.

I plan on making a turkey on it, and have no doubt that the bird will fit on the standard location for the cooking grate.

Top Bottom