Chicken thighs for lunch

jimsbarbecue

Staff member
logo.png

Keeping with the December "King of the Smoker" theme that all cooks had to use rubs and sauce from Big Poppa Smokers or any of the teams at "King of the Smoker", made some chicken thighs for lunch. They all were prepared with Plowboys Yardbird rub

IMG_2028-L.jpg

This photo shows the smoke coming of the drum. It is NOT from smoke chips it is from the juices from the chicken falling on the hot coals which is where one of the flavor profiles of the drum comes from.

IMG_2029-L.jpg

The sauces used. Both were applied after the chicken was taken off and the skin removed. (I do peel the skin back and trim the fat and then apply the rub. Pull the skin back over and toothpick the the skin to the thigh. All before cooking)

IMG_2031-L.jpg

The finished product. If you have not tried a white sauce, you should. The Plowboys 180 is a real nice sweet sauce. Worked real good this way and just as good if not better when you set the sauce on a hot cooker.

IMG_2032-L.jpg

sheepdad

Nice Jim, I've been going back and forth about trying the white sauce but I have this childhood "canned cream of mushroom soup" experience that I have scars from :(

Time to man up I think.

Top Bottom