Big Poppa's Sriracha Tritip Sandwich with homemade Cream of Tomato soup

scooter

Staff member
Big Poppa made a tritip sandwich video and that sandwich looked so good I had to make it. There are about 3 new videos BP made showcasing tritip which gives an indication of how important tritip is Californians! In one of the tritip videos BP used Sriracha sauce (Vietnamese Garlic Hot Sauce) as a glue/coating for the rub to stick to. Never tried that before! Sounds really hot....it wasn't, just really tasty.

So tonight is cold and what goes better with a sandwich on a cold night than a nice hot cup of homemade Cream of Tomato soup??? Here's how it went!

Any tritip sandwich starts with seasoning a tritip. I vacu-tumbled the TT with Head Country Premium marinade for 20 mins.
Then wiped off the marinade and applied a coating of Sriracha sauce then coated with BP's DSSR and Butchers Steak & Brisket rub.
IMG_0081.jpg

Next let's get the seasoned sourdough croutons going in the MAK so I'll have something to float in the soup. Seasoned with garlic olive oil. Mine were also dusted with Desert Gold.
IMG_0080.jpg

Now lets get the tritip going on the drum but first add some 100% Red Oak pellets to the drum pellet holder/heat diffuser (Thanks Jim!) to smolder so it adds that true Santa Maria flavor to the tritip.
IMG_0073.jpg

Throw the tritip onto the drum
IMG_0083.jpg

Croutons are done!
IMG_0084.jpg

The tritip is done at 140IT, let it rest 20 mins. Gorgeous color!
IMG_0105.jpg

Sliced! Lookin real gooooood!
IMG_0111.jpg

Now assemble the sandwich. Toast the sourdough bread slices, slather on some horseradish mayo, then add red onion sliced thin, sliced tomatoes, sliced tritip and top with aged Vermont sharp cheddar cheese. Add Dijon mustard or Guldens Spicy brown mustard to the top slice of sourdough toast.
IMG_0115.jpg

Now put it under a broiler to melt the cheese!!!! BP's a genious!
IMG_0117.jpg

Plated! With homemade Cream of Tomato soup topped with shredded Parmesan, Romano and Asiago cheeses and the sourdough Desert Gold croutons...
On a cold night, absolutely heaven on a plate!

IMG_0120.jpg

Nafle

That tri tip just look so tasty! To bad i can't get it over here yet. My brother inlaw is a butcher and next year his company will start that cut as a test. Until then i'll have to druel to your pictures...

www.naflebbq.blogspot.no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scooter

Staff member
Sorry to hear that Alf!!

Here's Big Poppa's video on how to make the worlds greatest tritip sandwich.

Big Poppa

Administrator
thanks scooter you really need to try it with the money rub...its sweet hot goes with the paste really well! Thanks for the compliment....

Nafle

I'll have to order me some of your spises BP. Have to call Kristen an order one of these days. And Scooter, now YOU are teasing me lol :)

Last edited:

scooter

Staff member
I'll have to order me some of your spises BP.

Alf, I have a box of rubs in the closet that I've tried and no longer use. I also have 2 shelves in a kitchen cabinet that are dedicated only to my rubs. After buying and testing many, many rubs I can say that the majority of my go-to rubs now have a BPS label on them! I don't know if BP mixes these rub flavor profiles himself or he has some mad BBQ rub genious locked away in a lab in BP's shed out back of his house creating them for him. I only know that the rubs with a BPS label on them have earned their place in the front row of my kitchen cabinet!

Nafle

Thats why i have to have it :) might think of starting a webstore seiling Big poppa stoff in europe/ Skandinavia :) lol just a thought.. Think there are no tax to norway anyway. The tax was removed a year ago. So... Next year Big poppa wil be represented a lot on my blog :) dying to try desert gold.. :)

Big Poppa

Administrator
Scooter I create all the rubs.....had no idea that I could do it and it sort of fell together....Now I get an idea and I work with the Chemist/chef at the co packer...he and I get along really well and I think that I got his attention with the original stuff I brought him

I asked him if he liked my stuff when we started and he said "I do this all day.....if I take it home its a winner...he has all of my stuff at home.

He also has two drums and is crazy about them I will try to get him involved here....

News flash I have a pepper blend Poppa Picked a Pack of Pepper. Mix of pepper only...many kinds of pepper

sheepdad

Damn the sangwich looks awesome scooter.

I too am a big fan of BPS Rubs. Still don't have them all yet but I'm working on it. Can't wait for that Pick o Pepper one to come out BP

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom