Drum options

tugnut1

We have a place around here that delivers oil (hydrolic, lube oil, stuff like that) to industries. I just called them and I can get a ring top barrel, brand new, never used for $35.

If you are having trouble finding a barrel, you might just want to call an oil vendor.

Since they are brand new, I don't think there is anything to be concerned about, but please correct me if I am wrong.

Big Poppa

Administrator
make sure that they have never had anything bad in it and if they have you have to burn the thing out a few times at least. I still say food grade is the way to go

tugnut1

From my understanding, the drums are brand new.

you have to burn the thing out a few times at least.
How do you do that exactly? Is there a temp and a time that you should shoot for?

frjeff

But, arn't all the food grade drums lined?

And, isn't the lining itself a major problem that needs removal?

Nafle

Not all drums are lined. Mine was never used and only painted on the outside. Inside there where only raw metal. It was ment for food use. I also got the option on a used food drum. Destilled from the manifactorer. Would save me 25$. But sandblast the whole drum outside inn and light a fire in it would do the tric i think, put the lid 1/3 of sets of the temp mine came near 500*C

www.naflebbq.blogspot.no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom