PDA

View Full Version : Found a Goof in My Kit Build



frjeff
12-07-2012, 03:14 PM
While doing my first burn today (cure and seasoning), I had difficulty getting the temps above 250 (center of grill-digital read).
To get it to rise above that, I had to open the lid. When I did that, she climbed pretty good.

Seemed to be starved for air, even with all bottom vents open.

Got to wondering if the top vent holes were too small ( looked small and not much smoke escaping). So, I went back and rechecked kit directions.

Yup, I drilled my eight top vent holes 3/8 instead of 3/4 as per instructions. :(

Drilling tomorrow!

scooter
12-07-2012, 06:56 PM
Glad you figured it out frjeff!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while driving one handed!

Salmonsmoker
12-08-2012, 09:05 AM
DOH! A "note to self" moment Jeff. We all them from time to time.:confused::confused:

frjeff
12-08-2012, 09:23 AM
DOH! A "note to self" moment Jeff. We all them from time to time.:confused::confused:


Like my Daddy always said: "Measure Twice, Cut Once." In this case, "Read three times, drill once."
Just glad I didn't drill oversized. This was an easy fix and she is burning now wonderfully.

backbay2
12-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Good job, can't let the drum beat ya!! Mine gets me from time to time but so far I am HOOKED!!