Pork Butt.....PICS

backbay2

Finally got the computer fixed so I could post some pics of my last cook....
Pork butt dusted and ready to cook..
smoker037.jpg

Middle of the cook...
Porkbutt001-1.jpg

Smoking away...
Porkbutt004.jpg

End of the cook...
IMG_0860.jpg

Pulled....
IMG_0862.jpg

Rested...
IMG_0869.jpg

Plated...
Porkbutt0012.jpg

scooter

Staff member
Great pics!! What did you dust with? Glue? What temps did you cook at and pull the butt at? Details amigo! Details. It's how we all learn from each other.
I have to be honest with you, that's the first time I've seen a BBQ'd pork butt served with mashed taters and vegi and I LIKE it! Gives one the idea that pork shouldn't always be destined for a sandwich!
Maybe some pork gravy over the taters and pork? Wonder if I could make a gravy from the foil drippings? You have given me some new ideas from this cook!

backbay2

So I dusted with BIGBULL'S Texas Brisket Rub ( I know not a Brisket!) but it was given to me and I wanted to try out the flavor. I tried to keep it at 235 on the outer temp gauges. Only had to make one air move. GLUE??? What is glue <--- Remember I am a newbie, so this was just rubbed, set over night, rubbed again and cooked for 7.5 hours... pulled at 200 internal. I pulled it when it felt like butter when I poked it (and I thought that was just a saying!, had to call the wife out side to show her it was really like butter) As far as plating it with taters and greens, well since I know nothing about smoking I started with this for dinner and made pulled pork sandwiches the next day for the guys at work... THE WIFE loved it and now my drum has WAR DEPARTMENT approval :)

Last edited:

scooter

Staff member
Ha ha! Your successes on the drum will turn the war dept into your cheering section when you're looking to buy another cooker!

Glue is a term used to describe Any substance used to adhere rub to meat. Like yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, molasses etc. folks use all types of things. I'm partial to Worcestershire sauce myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while driving one handed!

sheepdad

Looks great!!

Yes it does! Great butt cook for sure. Once the wife is on board, your obsession will grow to new heights :screwy: No need for therapy.. just keep turning out great food and everyone will be glad to support you from here on in.
Good luck with the glue on your next cook. :beer::beer:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom