Wednesday Night dinner

jimsbarbecue

Staff member
Nothing special here. Some boneless pork chop. Some Brussel sprouts Sliced zucchini and artichokes.
Most of you have seen I have a computer in the BBQ area to monitor cooks,the other bonus is I have my iTunes linked to it and a stereo that came out of the house when we upgraded the home theater sound system.This lets us have tunes while cooking and entertaining. Was cooking to Brantley Gilbert tonight. funny his song "Take it Outside" has nothing to do with taking the cook to the BBQ.

DSC02516-L.jpg

DSC02515-L.jpg

DSC02517-L.jpg

DSC02521-L.jpg

The Drum Has a plate warmer built in

DSC02519-L.jpg

DSC02522-L.jpg

scooter

Staff member
That's funny Jim! I used my SS drum as a plate warmer Monday night with the ABT platter! lol It's that time of year!

jimsbarbecue

Staff member
We are having Christmas dinner at our house and my plans with the cooking is "Take it Outside"
Trying to learn and get the kinks worked out for then. The Drums and the MAK Grills will be used.

scooter

Staff member
Same here except it'll be at my brothers house. I'm drumming a whole USDA prime rib roast then bringing it over to my brothers wrapped in a moving blanket! I showed him the pics of the drum ABTs I posted this week and he said, "yeah, bring some of those too" lol

What's on the Christmas menu at the Bloomfields?

jimsbarbecue

Staff member
Menu is still up in the air. We have a whole strip lion in the freezer, but a prime rib roast is more Christmas . I have taken BP advice and set the roast up on a carving station. Brisket is always a crowd favorite. We have done ribs in the past but I may do baby backs and ABT as appetizers. If crab legs or lobster show at any sales they get added. So the short version is currently I don't have a clue.

jimsbarbecue

Staff member
Still working on the Brussel Sprouts

Still working on getting the recipe correct for us.
Have the drum at 375

DSC02529-L.jpg

Prepare and spiced

DSC02526-L.jpg

For the rest of December all spices we use will be either BPS Rubs or rubs used by the teams that were at
"King Of The Smokers"

DSC02524-L.jpg

Cooking on the drum just flipped the chops

DSC02527-L.jpg

Keeping the onions warm that were saute

DSC02528-L.jpg

Finished product. The chops are good and the sprouts we think we know what tweaks to get it right tomorrow

DSC02531-L.jpg

DSC02530-L.jpg

sheepdad

Very nice. That turned on the light bulb over my head for Christmas. :beer::beer:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom