First UDS Smoker

stewart040

I put together my first Big Poppa UDS a couple of months ago. I found a good food quality barrel that had rusty old lid. I ordered the kit and made a lid myself. It was a fun project to assemble. I have become a big fan of cooking with the UDS. I've lurked on this forum for a bit and tried to follow everyone's advice. My first set of ribs (pictured below) cam out perfect the first time! Thanks Big Poppa!

UDS Project (1)small.jpg
UDS Project (1a) small.jpg
UDS Project (2) small.jpg
UDS Project (6b) small.jpg

Last edited:

backbay2

Nice!! another lurker joins the club..... I lurked for a while too then joined and sometimes continue just lurking :)

scooter

Staff member
Nice job Stewart! Those fabulous ribs are the result of the power of the internet to bring a collective experience to bear on a willing participant in order to flatten out the learning curve!
Now get to work producing the best BBQ on the planet and take lots of notes for your log and pictures for us to drool over!

stewart040

Nice job Stewart! Those fabulous ribs are the result of the power of the internet to bring a collective experience to bear on a willing participant in order to flatten out the learning curve!
Now get to work producing the best BBQ on the planet and take lots of notes for your log and pictures for us to drool over!

Thanks guys. And yes thanks to all who contributed to this forum and others. It does make learning not only quicker, but at the same time fun.

I'm not sure if I put the pictures up correctly, since they come up as clickable vs just being there to view. I'll have to figure that out in the future.

backbay2

I learned how to use photobucket thanks to scooter, only problem is my home computer decided to crash so I am working on replacing that......... but photobucket is pretty quick and painless...

Top Bottom