drum questions

sparky

the location for the 2 bottom vents. the video says 5" apart. wouldn't it be better to have them opposite of each other? just wondering. i'm also right handed. i would like the beer opening on the right side. if i move the temp guage uage over it will be upside down. i guess i could live w/ that. oh, i could put the bottle opener underneath the temp guage on the right side. custom, sparky style. i likey. if BP comes up w/ options i would like a shelf and wheels for Ursula. just if your bored and want somthing to do? lol......:p

Big Poppa

Administrator
spark customize to your hearts content The wheels are available at industrial hardware places like northern frieght harbor freight and grainger...they are 55 gal drum dollys

Kevinish

the location for the 2 bottom vents. the video says 5" apart. wouldn't it be better to have them opposite of each other? just wondering. i'm also right handed. i would like the beer opening on the right side. if i move the temp guage uage over it will be upside down. i guess i could live w/ that. oh, i could put the bottle opener underneath the temp guage on the right side. custom, sparky style. i likey. if BP comes up w/ options i would like a shelf and wheels for Ursula. just if your bored and want somthing to do? lol......:p

Hey Sparky, I didn't find it to be very critical where the bottom vents are, so I put them in the front for easy access. You are welcome to put them anywhere you want down there.

There's no restrictions on the bottle opener, use it how ever you want, under the thermo works :)

sparky

Hey Sparky, I didn't find it to be very critical where the bottom vents are, so I put them in the front for easy access. You are welcome to put them anywhere you want down there.

There's no restrictions on the bottle opener, use it how ever you want, under the thermo works :)

works for me. i think i will spread them out a little. bottle opener is going below the thermo works.

drewbixcubed

the location for the 2 bottom vents. the video says 5" apart. wouldn't it be better to have them opposite of each other? just wondering. i

We liked the vents slightly offset because of outside air movement, as well as access. Sometimes, if the air hits the vent just right, if either blows directly through the drum, or blows air past the vent. Also, if they are opposite, it would most likely be difficult to access at least one vent (either both are on the side; or one faces forward, and the other is in the "back").

Kevinish

How do you clean these things out? Shop vac the ashes, turn them over....?

I keep a dedicated shop vac just for sucking out the ash at the bottom. I like the pizza pan idea. Also, if you're handy with a welder and cutting tools you could make a door with an ash pan.

Patrick_CT

If the food grade barrel has the red liner, do i need to burn it out.. i see that Sparky sand blasted it... not sure what is really needed.

Thanks

Greatscott!

Last year I used black Rust-O-Leum grill paint in black on the legs and fittings for a backyard fire pit, I love that stuff. Kept everything nice and rust-free through the wettest seasons.

Top Bottom