Panko Crusted Chicken breast

jimsbarbecue

Staff member
Took some boneless chicken breast that marinaded with the Marinade Express and Goya Chicken Marinade. Rolled in Panko bread crumbs. I did crisp the bread crumbs on the breast in a fry pan. One minute a side and then on the drum. The drum was running at 350 while cooking the chicken. This drum I just acquired and am getting figure out. The top vent was loose and appeared a little tweaked. So to the metal yard to see what I could use. Found these neat Aluminum rounds thinking they thickness would flatten spots in the lid if they exist.
Should be no surprise that this chicken came out fabulous. Not dry at all. I agree with Scooter the Drum is like having all the good points of a direct and indirect fire all at the same time.

DSC02445-L.jpg

DSC02446-L.jpg

DSC02443-L.jpg

DSC02444-L.jpg

scooter

Staff member
Nice Jim! Did you find that you needed that initial pan sear or could you have cooked the breasts the whole way on the drum to get the crispy coating?
What's on the rice?
Really cool looking vent mod!

jimsbarbecue

Staff member
Thanks all, I could have done without the pan sear. I use the same pan I sear the chicken in to cook the onions and celery. Which we added some chicken stock and cream and some white wine was used to deglaze the pan during the process. The only thing I may do different is run a higher temp. Just to crisp the panko bread crumbs . The breast were marinade weeks ago the frozen. I do the whole pack when I buy them and then freeze them in bags of two.

sheepdad

Nice cook and vent mod Jim. Really tasty looking from here for sure.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom