Ribbed or Non-Ribbed Drum?

frjeff

Have drums of both types. Both are lined, same ID and same height. Have bunged and non-bunged lids.

Non-ribbed is newish (one trip with silicone content in HD plastic liner bag).

Ribbed drum is older and ugly.

Looks won't matter once we do the burn out and sandblast, so which ought I use for my first BPS?

8220493263_442bb8cf10_n.jpg

What's the trick to add a pic?

Attachments

• IMG_1996.JPG
    IMG_1996.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:

Salmonsmoker

Ribs won't make a difference re: cooking. The ribs are to strenghten the sides against collapsing from being rolled/knocked around. IMHO, I'd take the newer barrel and the non-bunged lid.
There's a "sticky" on the BP's sister forum on how to post photos. PelletSmoking.com Forum

MrAdam

Yeah use the new barrel. Good score for $5! I'd still get it sandblasted inside and out, and then paint the outside only with a high heat paint. Looks like you have another new barrel in the background! A perfect reason to order another kit!

Use the old drum to convert in to a kiln for making your own lump charcoal! Plenty of DIY's online.
Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

frjeff

Yeah use the new barrel. Good score for $5! I'd still get it sandblasted inside and out, and then paint the outside only with a high heat paint. Looks like you have another new barrel in the background! A perfect reason to order another kit!

Use the old drum to convert in to a kiln for making your own lump charcoal! Plenty of DIY's online.
Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Got 3 of the new blue ones for $5 and have 2 of the old which cost me $10 each. Should be set for a bit. :)

Top Bottom