Best Smoking/Cooking book for Winter Read

frjeff

I've learned a bunch here already, and will begin my drum project next week.

As good as the web and forums are as information/recipe sources, I'd love to get recommendations on a "best" book or two for Winter reading as I contemplate my first drum cooking.

The wind and snow are both blowing here today, so I'm all ready now to recline with a good smoker cooking book in my lap.

Opinions, please with thanks in advance.

Big Poppa

Administrator
I like Peace Love and BBQ to get started...Chris Lilly's book....wicked good has nice pics but Im not that fond of the results...

Easy burn

Good question, got me interested in a new read as well. To date my favorite is the BBQ cookbook by Americas test Kitchen which was a great resource for Weber kettle BBQ. Now that I have been cooking on my drum over the last month I decided to look into a new reference too. After some poking around on google I just ordered an Amazon used copy of "Smoke and Spice: Cooking with smoke", the reviews were solid and I will report back once I take a peek.

scooter

Staff member
Big Bob Gibson BBQ Book - Chris Lilly
BBQ Makes Everything Better - Chronister/Day
Championship BBQ - Paul Kirk
Smokin with Myron Mixon
Peace, Love, BBQ - Mike Mills
Big Time BBQ Cookbook - Ray Lampe
Smoke and Spice - Jamison

cragcrawler

I have searched high and low for what I think is the best books for learning and I have narrowed it down to three. IMHO!!!!
1) Low and Slow: Master the art of Barbecue in 5 Easy Lessons. This is a great Starter book. Just get pass the "I'm better than you" attitude that is portrayed and you WILL learn something.
2) Big Bob Gibson's BBQ Book: Recipes and Secrets from a Legendary Barbecue Joint Great recipes and step by step instructions.
3) The Barbecue! Bible Great hints ans recipes. You will not learn a lot about Low and Slow cooking but a good read anyway with great recipes.

Top Bottom