Being bold is conducting your first smoke on Thanksgiving Day!!

Motay

I've got a bird in the house oven, but I'm smoking a 10 lb pork tenderloing on my BP smoker, and it's the maiden voyage of "the Tin Man" since my build and burn last Sunday. I'm using Meathead's cooking log that I found to track the day, and I took some preliminary pics that are on my Face Book page (Marty Dopps is my name). I may try to post pics here later when I can figure out how that's done. I used a basic pork rub from Crazy Buzzard, wrapped in Saran overnight, then wrapped in bacon before going on the grill. I've stolen the phrase "pig candy" for this. :) I used a 1/2 basket of Cowboy lump (all I could find this time of year in Seattle) with about 15 Kingsford briquettes nested in the middle, "minion style." Top vent is wide open, the two bottom vents are each set with one hole at 1/2 opening. Everything's been running for nearly an hour, the temp has NOT wavered from 185 the whole time and the pork has moved from a starting temp of 50 to 70. I think I'm pretty happy with things the way they're going. If the more experienced folks think that's too low of a setting and want to offer a suggestion, I'm happy for any mentoring you're willing to offer.

scooter

Staff member
Don't forget to roll your roast over halfway through the cook. If you're happy and you're cruising along nicely then don't change anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while driving

Motay

You guys can tell me how it looks, but let me tell you, it truly tasted like "pig candy." Here's a pic of the finished product, the darkening is not a burn, it's the rub. Pork tenderloin roast.jpg

Top Bottom