Powder Coating Drum

Kevinish

Hey guys,

Anyone have their drum powder coated instead of high heat paint? There is a local guy here that will powder coat a 600 deg or 1200 deg coating.

I've had fine success with the high heat paint, but I want to try the powder coat. Any thoughts?

MrAdam

Powder coating will last way longer and be more resistant to scratches than any wet paint, I'm not sure if there are glossy powder coat finishes though.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

jimsbarbecue

Staff member
About $200 in Winnipeg, including prep.

Powder coating will work fine . A lot of Drums including ours are painted with car engine paint which is good to about 600º
you can get glossy powder coat

MrAdam

That answers that question. I think my drum might get a powder coat of glossy polar night blue next summer...

Greatscott!

I'm going to have my dreaded-red-liner drum sandblasted at a powder-coating company near my work. If they offer me a deal on finishing I might just take them up on it.

jimsbarbecue

Staff member
Sometimes a "deal" will come with you accepting whatever color the are shooting in the next job. Black is popular.

BigDummy

Mine is powder coated, I love it. It's the high temp black (traeger style) with a relief finish. I probably cook on this thing more than any of the other four pits out in my Meat Manger.

Top Bottom