Any drum dolly recommendations?

Greatscott!

Seems like there's a lot of options out there starting around $40 or $50... anyone have a brand or vendor recommendation? Also, any specifics to consider? I'd hate to buy a caster dolly online only to find out it covers the lower vents on the BP drum kit or something.

MrAdam

I'm actually thinking of buying a cheap 2 wheeler dolly, chopping it up, and welding the handles and the wheels on the drum.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

scooter

Staff member
Some things to consider with drum dollys, I have one drum with and one without. The one without is low enough where I (5'11") can bend over into the drum and reach the bottom fairly well. And while I'm in the drum it doesn't move.
The dolly raises the top rim of the drum up about 2 inches and makes the drum with the dolly too tall for me to adequately fold in half to reach the bottom. I pulled over something to stand on so I could reach down to bottom. It was while I was inside that the whole drum decided to begin rolling to the edge of my deck approx 6" away! Pretty exiting stuff had I taken a tumble off the edge!
banana.gif

sheepdad

too tall for me to adequately fold in half to reach the bottom[/img]

fold in half? I could only wish... geez, my stomach barely lets me tie my shoes let alone fold in half :eek::rolleyes:

The kiss shoes wouldnt make a difference for me but if you get them I want to see pics of that! :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Greatscott!

Originally I was thinking to pick up a grilling mat to go under the drum just to add a layer of protection for the cement patio. Maybe I'll stick with that plan after all...

MrAdam

I don't have my drum on casters, I just put it on a few bricks while I'm cooking

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Motay

I bought (3) 2-1/2" casters at Lowes for about $3 each, and about $2 worth of hardware. They've got (4) 1/4" holes in each mounting plate, so I just turned the drum over, placed then at the 1/3 mark and drilled and mounted. My drum is stored just inside my garage back door and I roll it out on the concrete for use. So for lesss than $10 it's golden and completely functional.

Kristen's Poppa

Amazon had sturdy, steel drum dollies for $50, with free shipping if you are an Amazon Prime member. Mine arrived in 2 days and works great.
Amazon Prime has an annual free, but, as a member, almost anything you buy from them includes free shipping.

Top Bottom