Took the BPS kit plunge tonight

Motay

I found you guys through the "drum locator" thread and picked up my barrel yesterday morning here in the Seattle area. Never being too spontaneous I had to think about this for, oh, about 36 hours....... and ordered my kit tonight. Cannot wait for it to get here! I was fantasizing about it arriving in time to do a build, burn and test run, in time to smoke a turkey for Thanksgiving. But that may a bit too ambitious given it's only two weeks from tomorrow....

MrAdam

When I ordered my kit I had it shipped to Fargo, ND to save on international shipping. It arrived in less than a week.

If I know Kristen, your kit will ship today and should be at your door by Monday, tuesday the latest. It ships out of southern Cali by ups ground, and you're a 2 day drive max.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

KristenBPS

When I ordered my kit I had it shipped to Fargo, ND to save on international shipping. It arrived in less than a week.

If I know Kristen, your kit will ship today and should be at your door by Monday, tuesday the latest. It ships out of southern Cali by ups ground, and you're a 2 day drive max.

You said it MrAdam! Kit is set to ship today, WA state is 3 days in transit. Kits should arrive on your doorstep on Tuesday, which gives you more than a week to burn that baby in & practice a few times before Thanksgiving!

Last edited by a moderator:

sheepdad

Congrats on pullin the trigger. Look forward to hearing about your build and test cooks. Then how everyone went crazy about your Thanksgiving DRUM SMOKED Turkey.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

sheepdad

You said it MrAdam! Kit is set to ship today, WA state is 3 days in transit. Kits should arrive on your doorstep on Tuesday, which gives you more than a week to burn that baby in & practice a few times before Thanksgiving!

Now that's what i call customer service!!! :beer:

Nafle

Well if it can comfort you: my drum kit was slipped the 9'th and is expected to Norway the 16'th.... I'll say you will have it for turkey day :)

Motay

All day at work today I was hoping today could turn out to be Christmas Day and not Christmas Eve. Since there wasn't a big box on my front porch tonight, I'll have to pretend today's the 24th and not the 25th. "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....."

Motay

OK, it's Christmas Day in south Seattle. My box was waiting for me on the front porch. Woo hoo!!! Thanks Big Poppa and team!!

sheepdad

BUILD THAT BABY! Let's see, test cook some chicken this week... practice run on a turkey this weekend... Thanksgiving Awesomeness next Thursday... sick of turkey by Saturday... Ribs on Sunday... Pulled Pork on Tuesday..... :screwy:;):beer:

Btw... Merry Christmas Motay

Motay

Hey Alf, has yours arrived yet? Ooops, should have checked your first post before I replied - has it arrived from Germany yet? :)

Motay

OK, spent a good part of the day yesterday doing the build. When I watched the video I paid attention when our builder said you might need the assistance of a friend to tighten up the U-bolts on the very bottom. No shit! I had to wait till my wife got home, so she's officially got some skin in the game now (so to speak). Cleaned it up today with a wire brush bit on my drill and she's out the back door performing a burn in as we speak. I've got some drumsticks ready to toss on there ASAP. I'll let you all know how things progress!!

Top Bottom