Tritip and rack of lamb on the drum

scooter

Staff member
Dinner tonight was tritip but wanted to do a practice run with lamb for next weekends family dinner.

Tritip (Choice 2.21lb): Trimmed, marinated for 20 mins in a vacuum tumbler with Head Country marinade. Wiped off marinade, coated with garlic olive oil, jalapeno season salt and lightly with DSSR. Smoked at 250(ish) with applewood until 135*. Brush with compound butter and rest. Rocket sear 2 mins a side, pull and rest 20 mins

Lamb (American, Superior Farms, 2.05lb): Frenched, marinated in white wine, crushed garlic, olive oil, fresh ground black pepper, chopped fresh rosemary. Wiped off marinade and coated with garlic olive oil, jalapeno season salt and lightly with DSSR. Smoked at 250(ish) with applewood until 145*. Rest. Rocket sear 2 mins a side, pull and rest 20 mins

Sorry, started taking pics after the TT had come off the sear. Picking up the action with the lamb before the sear getting flipped at 109*
IMG_9650.jpg

Searing off the lamb
IMG_9651.jpg

TT is done and rested
IMG_9658.jpg

Lamb is done and resting
IMG_9653.jpg

TT sliced
IMG_9664.jpg

IMG_9675.jpg

IMG_9677.jpg

IMG_9678.jpg

TT came out fantastic as did the lamb. Both were juicy and tender. Garlic roasted Yukon Gold taters and a tossed salad. The lamb is good to go for next weekend.
IMG_9679.jpg

Thanks for lookin!

Last edited:

Nafle

Really nice color on that meat, bet it was tender! this I really had payed money to eat.

scooter

Staff member
thanks Nafle, yes the lamb was especially tender like butter! I love American lamb! The TT was very tender also.
BP, you're the master of the photo shoot! I don't know how you can have as many cookers going at one time like you do and keep the food from burning! I struggle juggling 3 cookers at once.

Last edited:

Motay

Scooter, approximately how long were both on the smoker? Am I planning 90 minutes to cook or am I looking at 3 hours? I've no idea (yet) how much time I need to plan. Thanks much.

Top Bottom