Got my BPS American Royal GC Rub Pack...

sheepdad

...and every single one of them is real tasty. Now I just tried them out of the bottle, Haven't used them officially yet.
What I can say is that these rubs really balance the sweet,savory,and spicy real real nice.
Hats off to Big Poppa on some great rubs. Very impressive!

So I got some short ribs thawing in the fridge and need a recipe for the drum...any suggestions?

Greatscott!

I'm a huge fan of short ribs lately. I'd say go half with Money Rub, half with Little Louie's, get 'em up to 195 and start checking for probe tenderness. Quick reverse sear and done! Maybe some foil-wrapped twice baked potatoes as a side? Wilted romaine salad with bleu cheese and a balsamic dressing? Big, bold cab in a big, bold goblet?

Greatscott!

Foil wrapped potatoes is a good way to get botulism. They taste better unwrapped anyways.

I was of the impression that was really only a problem if left in foil after cooking and refrigerated (leftovers). Not the case? Either way, thanks for bringing it up, I'll be checking it out!

MrAdam

Info on foodborne botulism
If you do decide to foil them they should be consumed right away, but botulism isn't killed through normal cooking temps and wrapping in foil starves the potato of oxygen which can kill botulism.

Greatscott!

Hey, I've got no burning desire to use foil. Had just thought it might help in a low-and-slow temp environment. We'll be passing on that from now on. Great info, thanks! :D

scooter

Staff member
I would go with Money on the short ribs. Try the jalapeno season salt on chicken! I did one today and it was fabulous!
Have fun!
BP is a mad rub genius!

sheepdad

I'm a huge fan of short ribs lately. I'd say go half with Money Rub, half with Little Louie's, get 'em up to 195 and start checking for probe tenderness. Quick reverse sear and done! Maybe some foil-wrapped twice baked potatoes as a side? Wilted romaine salad with bleu cheese and a balsamic dressing? Big, bold cab in a big, bold goblet?

Now we're talking... Gonna do just that. Never had any problems with foil wrapped potatoes but then again, don't usually have leftovers of them.
Thanks Scott

sheepdad

Short rib cook got flubbed. Acquired some last minute tickets to a Uconn Womens basketball expo game and couldn't pass them up. Ended up putting the shorties on the grill real quick but used the Money rub and ended up with some real good tasting ribs. Finished cooking with a hour and a half to go before tip off and an hour drive to get there. We made it in time but I was a wishing I was able to smoke on the drum all the way up there. Next time I guess.

Top Bottom