Making the cut

MrAdam

What are everybody's favorite knives to use? I'm currently using el cheapo knives which give me more frustration than anything else, and I'm looking into upgrading a few of my knives. I'm thinking I might go with Victorinox knives, as they get good reviews for being a great knife for not a lot of money.

I have my eye on a 12" Chef's knife, a 14" slicing knife, and a 12" Cimeter.

NCWood

You can't go wrong with those knives, get the ones with the Fiberox handles. America's Test Kitchen also did a test of Chef's knives and picked them and said all their chef's preferred them as well. I have some more expensive Santukos but prefer my Victorinox, it is the first knife I grab out of the block. Can't beat the price either.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Actually big poppa smokers sells Messermeister from Germany. Fabulous knives. I could sell any and these are the bestimho n3grades and the four seasons compares very favorably to forschner and victorionox

MrAdam

That's why I'm leaning towards the Victorinox. Great reviews and great price! Also welcome to the forums NCWood!

Greatscott!

I currently have Wustofs. I used to use Globals but they went to the ex's house. I like both but think I preferred the Globals, which surprises me. They were much lighter but less work to keep sharp. I've heard excellent things about Victorinox but have no experience.

Top Bottom