Hurricane Party at Work---> Ribs and Fattys

sheepdad

A bunch of us are cooking for Welcome Sandy Party at work tonight.
I figured some ribs and some fattys would be in order.
I made 2 different fattys both wrapped in bacon,smoked with apple, with one sporting a nice coating of Simply Marv Sweet and Spicy with a few shakes of Chipotle powder. The other one was covered in Simply Marv Cherry Rub. I was gonna use some other rubs but I'm on a kick right now and these are all I reach for. I must mention that I have a BPS American Royal Grand Champion pack en route and can't wait to try those rubs out. So in the mean time I'm hooked on the Simply Marvelous.

I ended up doing the 2 racks of BB's seasoned the same way. Go figure right? These I smoked with Cherry chunks. All I know is I'm having a hard time NOT tearing into all this smokey goodness.:mad::eek:

Here's the fattys on the OTS.
2012-10-27_11-45-13_137.jpg

The ribs were done on the drum. One thing I did do different was to mop the ribs lightly with some Sweet Baby Rays toward the end of the cook.

The End.
2012-10-27_15-48-42_292.jpg

Last edited:

MrAdam

Hurricanes in New Jersey, earthquakes in B.C. and tsunami warning for the rest of the East Coast. Hope all of our members on both costs are staying safe tonight.

scooter

Staff member
Nice cook Bob! Now weight that drum down, get inside and weather out the storm and be safe!

Nafle

Hope you all are safe after the storm, and the cook locked great. My brother in law was delayed from the Jack because of the storm. Finlay they are on their way home to Norway and Denmark :)

Top Bottom