Already some friendly faces!

Big Poppa

Administrator
This drum smoking is a blast and really some of the best cooking on the planet! Looking forward to watching this grow!

sparky

Spark, I see in another thread you've got your drum. What did the sand blasting run you?

it was $80 for inside of the drum and underneath side of the lid. i started talking to the owner and just so happens he likes good bbq. we come up w/ $30 and 2 sets of ribs off the drum 2 fridays from now. i like it. the barter system at its best. he also told me that after i burn off the green paint to bring it back and he would put a high temp powdercoat on the outside for $100. i'm thinking more trading time. :) it won't be to pretty right off the bat but who cares. i'll make it pretty later. must important part. i got another smoker. and for less than than $1000. ya! :cool:

Last edited:

Salmonsmoker

it was $80 for inside of the drum and underneath side of the lid. i started talking to the owner and just so happens he likes good bbq. we come up w/ $30 and 2 sets of ribs off the drum 2 fridays from now. i like it. the barter system at its best. he also told me that after i burn off the green paint to bring it back and he would put a high temp powdercoat on the outside for $100. i'm thinking more trading time. :) it won't be to pretty right off the bat but who cares. i'll make it pretty later. must important part. i got another smoker. and for less than than $1000. ya! :cool:

It doesn't get much better than that! Good call by BiteMe BBQ re: craigslist for used barrels. I'm sure there's a used barrel dealer up here in the PNW. I simply have too much open space on my deck!:rolleyes:

Paul B

paull looks pretty sweet to me!

This is my cooking utensil with rain cap.....

DSCF6098.jpg

Paul B

Top Bottom