New Ribs..New Rub..New Gear...Lots of RAIN !!!

sheepdad

This is killing me. Got of s load of BB ribs yesterday, My BPS order with some Simply Marvelous rubs and an awesome BPS Hoodie came the day before, and it's raining cats and dogs out and I'm CAN'T Smoke anything.:mad:

To top it all off, the UPS driver just dropped off my Weber Sear Grate Set and another Maverick 732.

I am going to put the grate on the top fire basket position and put a stainless bowl in place of the cast sear grate insert like Craig Goldwyn AKA Meathead suggests and use as a water pan to even out the heat and provide some humidity when I need to.

All I can do right now is prepare the ribs and throw some rub on them for a sleepover until tomorrow I guess.

Oh well, I feel a little better now that I vented to you all.
Thanks for listening and any soothing words of encouragement would be appreciated....I'll go get my tissues.:p:D

scooter

Staff member
Well Bob, you can wear that hoodie! BPS has the most comfy hoodies I've owned.

Also, might I suggest an experiment with your BB ribs. If you're going to season more than one rack, I suggest you don't season 1 rack until right before you plan to cook. That way you'll be able to compare them after they're cooked to see if you prefer ribs seasoned overnight or right before you put them on the cooker.
My family preferred them seasoned right before they go on. The seasoned overnight rack seemed to have a cured texture and taste and was not as "fresh" tasting as the rack that was seasoned right before cooking. Just a suggestion. You may have already done this test so ignore if that's the case.

sheepdad

Nope I'm in luck..didn't do them yet...I will try this out and only put rub on one of them.

Thanks for the tip.

sheepdad

:cool: That wouldn't be a bad idea to do in the future before the snow is on the ground. I better bottle my homemade wine soon.

Deb

ha, ha we aren't getting any snow this year. It's Oct 20th and i'm wearing shorts & flip flops . Long Island Sound is still above 60 degrees

Top Bottom