Drum chicken!

scooter

Staff member
OK, I've been going on about how gorgeous chicken looks coming off the drum. It's the best IMO. Here's my 3rd chicken to come off the drum. Did it the other night.

Seasoned with Roasted garlic olive oil and The Slabs Birds & Bones rub. One chunk of applewood. So good!
IMG_9407-1.jpg

And done
IMG_9421-1.jpg

IMG_9423.jpg

The backside
IMG_9436-1.jpg

scooter

Staff member
It really is Jim! I'm hoping it's the best tritip cooking machine also. We'll see this weekend. Have you done a TT on the drum yet?
Patrick, was cooking this one around 290ish in the middle if my math was correct.
Haha Deb, you need to get yourself a drum!!! Serious!

scooter

Staff member
I did a charcoal test tonight in the drum so took advantage of the heat to try yet another chicken only this one was sauced. Came out the BEST ever out of any cooker I've used! What in the heck took me so long to get one of these drums!?!

This yardbird was seasoned with garlic olive oil and BP's Money rub and smoked with applewood then sauced near the end with Better Than Sex sauce Extra Tingly! lol
Simply the best BBQ'd chicken I've had, clearly. It wasn't better than sex but it was Money! :)

IMG_9480-1.jpg

IMG_9483-1.jpg

Couldn't wait for the sides!! Had to eat it at the counter
IMG_9494.jpg

BP, you gotta get this stuff into your store so I can buy it from you!
IMG_9487.jpg

Last edited:

sheepdad

wow we will look into it but that chicken looks just magazine quality

Ain't that the truth.

Geez Scooter, you keep outdoing yourself with every cook. You got that drum dialed in to perfection. You'll have no probs on the tri tip and I'll bet on that my man.

Hey Deb...GET A DRUM !!!! lol Your feelin what I was feelin a couple of weeks ago. :p

Top Bottom