New to the forum and drum smoking!

MrAdam

Hey all, I'm new here. I just ordered and put together my EDS Kit from BPS. I've been trying to make decent 'que on my gas grill for years, and finally want to go all the way into the world of smoking.

The BPS kit went together super smoothly. It's well put together, the instructions are easy to understand, and it's built to last.

After seasoning my drum, my first cook is some St. Louis ribs and beef ribs off a rib roast.

Looking forward to many years of cooking!

Kevinish

Congrats on the new kit!

There's a lot of great people on this forum that can give you advice along the way. You can also check out pelletsmoking.com and search through old posts. It's a wealth of information.

Let's see some pictures of the first cook!

Salmonsmoker

Welcome to the forum MrAdam. I worked in Winnipeg and lived in Ile des Chenes back in the 70's. Don't miss the flat or the cold! Sorry:) Looking forward to seeing pics of your cooks posted. Remember... no pictures,didn't happen.

MrAdam

rsz_ribs.jpg Here's some St. Louis ribs before they got foiled, but the ribs didn't really, um, ya know, last long enough to take a picture of 'em. They were damned tasty though!

Here's a picture after I just put them on and peeked about a half hour in. rsz_precook.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom