Big Poppa Double Secret Prime Rib on the drum

Big Poppa

Administrator
Got the fire going and went inside to season the little prime rib from Costco...It was a little beauty. A little trick for today...I put a grill grate upside down as a little heat diverter...Oak Pellets direc tonto the fire
IMG_0360-5.jpg

I used some coffee Balsamic Reduction as glue and the hit it with my Big Poppa's DOuble Secret Steak rub....for those of you unfamiliar it is one of my best rubs I sell.
IMG_0361-4.jpg

Onto the drum at 250 Im expecting this to ramp up to 300 during the cook and i will let it. I actually went to the office for the first hour and watched the Mobile Strategic Command Center get put together....Came home it was 300 and irolled it over and cooked for about 40 minutes and rolled it to the side....
IMG_0362-5.jpg

129 was the number....Calling 129 Internal temp....I figured after resting I would have a slice in every temp to make everyone happy
Look at this bark
IMG_0363-6.jpg

Rest and slice
IMG_0369-4.jpg

My daughter in laws med rare money shot....there were whipped taters too they just didnt fit on the plate!
IMG_0371-5.jpg

smokerdude

Looks great! I am definitely starting to feel more secure in attempting something like prime rib thanks to all the posts on this forum, maybe soon ..

cowgirl

I have not tried a prime rib on the drum either... adding it to my to-do list. Looks outstanding BP!

Top Bottom