Drum vs MAK for BB's

Patrick_CT

I forgot to post this here last week... but it is never too late. :)
Wife told me we had company coming (plan for 10 adults and 6 kids for dinner.. ok ribs works for that) I was going to use the MAK but she said she liked the drum ones last time.. tough decisions had to be make... so I did 2 racks on each using everything exactly the same.

Seasoned with Smoking guns hot and some LL w/pepper
IMG_1142.jpg

Put 2 on the drum runing at 225 (with some hickory pellets in the mix.
IMG_1144.jpg

2 hours in and added the chicken legs. Marinated with some salad dressing and garlic dude dust for a few hours. (love the leg rack..)
IMG_1146.jpg

Also one of the friends is a vegetarian and gluten free... so I seasoned tofu with steak seasoning (double secret) and in the smoker box for an hour. Cubed it and mixed with tomatoes and fresh basil. Stuffed in a sweet pepper and onto a new rack that has never touched meat (nice challenges.... gotta love freinds!)
IMG_1148.jpg

Foiled the ribs and put the twice baked potatoes on the top rack (no pictures of them.. too busy with all the people and kids running around.) They had cream cheese sour cream, sharp cheese, dude dust and the potatoes mixed in and stuffed back inside with some bacon.
Out of the MAK, out of the foil to set for 15min:
IMG_1149.jpg

Out of the foil on the drum and chicken done:
IMG_1150.jpg

Plated:
IMG_1153.jpg

We were split with who liked the ribs from each.. it was pretty funny. An awesome night with friends and food!

sheepdad

You turn out some great looking food Pat! Looks Great. Funny on the split decision too. Go figure
I can't get my vegetarian wife to eat anything with smoke or steak seasoning for that matter. She says it reminds her to much from her meat eating days. I hear ya about "challenges". :mad: You have no idea!!:p

Top Bottom