Mad Hunky Spares

cowgirl

Since Sparky lives so far away, I had to make my own ribs. lol

seasoned with some Mad Hunky rub..

8589c503.jpg

onto the BPS stainless drum with potatoes. I rubbed the potatoes with olive oil and seasoned with coarse salt and cracked black pepper.

011c6e38.jpg

after 2 hrs I drizzled with some of my corn cob jelly (melted) and dotted with butter. If you've not tasted corn cob jelly, it has a hint of honey flavor.

ac372175.jpg

9017dfb8.jpg

foiled for 1 1/2 hrs...

fb831bd0.jpg

then unfoiled..

189da3c2.jpg

while the ribs smoked I removed the tatoes after one hour, they were still fairly firm...not cooked all the way through..
I sliced and dipped in flour, then beer batter and fried til crisp..

27cce180.jpg

the smied (smoked-fried) tatoes...

e8d4a39d.jpg

I sprinkled the tatoes with more dry rub and coarse salt..

e126dd1c.jpg

e27c442e.jpg

This was my first taste of Mad Hunky General Rub, it was pretty tasty.

Thanks for looking!

sparky

ribs look real good jeanie. if i could pitch a tent your your backyard i could make ya some ribs but i want one of those famous breakfasts cooked on the tractor rim. :)

cowgirl

Thank you aistrider!! :)

ribs look real good jeanie. if i could pitch a tent your your backyard i could make ya some ribs but i want one of those famous breakfasts cooked on the tractor rim. :)

lol Sounds like a great trade to me! Thanks Sparky. :)

ThunderDome

Great lookin ribs. I enjoy the MH myself. It's pretty versatile, and can be easily adjusted to the meat you're cooking w/ a lil salt/sugar or whatever

Salmonsmoker

Welcome to the forum Thunder!

Jeanie,
Those smied taters(and the ribs) look real good. I think the grands would eat the heck out of them taters!:)

Richtee

Hey Jeanie! Just found this forum out there on the Net..COOL! Again, thanks for the trials on the MH products! Hope all is well!

cowgirl

Hey Jeanie! Just found this forum out there on the Net..COOL! Again, thanks for the trials on the MH products! Hope all is well!

Rich thanks! I used your Mad Hunky all purpose rub on some seared Ahi tuna yesterday... it was great! :)

Top Bottom