Butts, Backs, ABTs & Pig Candy

southga

Fired up my UDS this morning

2012-09-01_08-14-37_859.jpg

Put these 2 little butts on at 8 am

2012-09-01_07-07-31_75.jpg

Got some ABTs & Pig Candy to go on soon for afternoon snack then 2 racks of baby backs for dinner tonite. Post more later

sparky

where are the snacky poo's? don't tease us. i like ordervezs too. what are we drinking tonight?

southga

Sorry for the delay. Phone went dead & my camera was at the office. Here's the ABTs & Pig Candy going on the drum

2012-09-01_14-09-50_85.jpg

Here are the ribs ready for slicing.

2012-09-01_18-43-58_811.jpg

Finally, dinner is served. Had a couple ABTs & a piece or two of pig candy left

2012-09-01_18-54-28_632.jpg

Thanks for looking at my pics.

sparky

your ribs look real juicy. love abt's and pig candy. 1st class meal w/ some corn there. where's the milk? i like milk plz?

southga

Not a milk drinker. Had some cold beverages while cooking, but just iced tea with dinner. Ribs were really meaty for BBs. Rubbed with SM Sweet Seduction & finished with homemade sauce. Cooked them at 280 fpr 3 hours. Toothpick probed like soft butter.

Butt aslo rubbed with Sweet Seduction & smoked at 275. Cooked in a pan to keep from having to clean up a bunch of drippings. Didn't foil until ready to rest in cooler. Had nice bark & after resting for 4 hours pulled with almost no effort Here's one butt pulled.

2012-09-01_20-52-17_199.jpg

Last edited:

sparky

so you cooked your pork butt in a pan on the drum? ribs and butt you used sweet seduction. its good stuff. i like tea also.

southga

Yup. 2 small butts about 7# each. Put both in a foil pan. If I do butts in a pan again, I will use a smaller pan for each butt. The one large pan covered most of the lower rack & blocked too much heat from the top rack. A correction -- I used SM Pecan on the butts.

Patrick_CT

Great cook!
Were the ribs done on the drum also? You said it was 280 for the ribs and 275 for the butts. Since they were lower I would expect it to be hotter. I need to do a similar cook soon so was curious. Thanks

southga

Great cook!
Were the ribs done on the drum also? You said it was 280 for the ribs and 275 for the butts. Since they were lower I would expect it to be hotter. I need to do a similar cook soon so was curious. Thanks

I scheduled it so I took the butts out before the ribs went on. Didn't want to have to deal with taking the ribs out mid-cook to get to the butts.

I covered the butts with HD foil & let them rest in a newspaper packed cooler for about 4 hours.

Top Bottom