Thanks for DrumSmoking forums

sparky

i'm happy BP made the site too. a great place to learn about drum smoking. i think it will be alot of fun.

great look bird there buddy. your drum look good. i have the kit, just trying to find a drum. i also found another weber grate. thinking about having two rack in the drum i'm going to make. why the 2 gauges?

if anyone has a extra drum send it up to me. i need one. ;)

sparky

ok, i just purchased my drum and the inside is being sandblasted right now. pick it up at 5 pm. green body and white lid. it's not suppose to be pretty right? UDS = ugly drum smoker. i will build it and see if the green paint on the outside comes off. then i will repaint it 49er burgandy. maybe some gold accents. ya baby. soon i will have a cool looking drum smoking. not ugly. :)

BossHawg

ok, i just purchased my drum and the inside is being sandblasted right now. pick it up at 5 pm. green body and white lid. it's not suppose to be pretty right? UDS = ugly drum smoker. i will build it and see if the green paint on the outside comes off. then i will repaint it 49er burgandy. maybe some gold accents. ya baby. soon i will have a cool looking drum smoking. not ugly. :)

Go Niners!! I wish this drum setup was available when I built my UDS a couple of months ago. Those Big Poppa setups are flat out solid!! One thing I'd mention to add when you build yours. I placed three 1/2" holes 2" from the lip on the ftront and back sides to accomodate rebar to hang chicken halves. I rub the chicken halves, run a length of wire through the breast plate, and then hang the chickens on the rebar (with little "s" hooks on the rebar). 1 hour over a full basket of charcoal with all vents open (lid on)and you have the best chicken ever. Better than rotissire and the skin is crisp. My drum will hold 10 halves easily. I've cooked the chicken for 40 people twice and everyone came back for 2nds. Just cover the holes with strip magnets when you want to smoke (like those made for business cards).

sparky

show me some pictures. would love to see your drum. you hang chickens? i like your idea. 1/2 chickens hanging sounds good. got any pics w/ the chicken hanging? how do you like your drum? what do you like to cook in it the most? how long w/ a basket of lump last ya in the drum? i'm looking forward to this journey for sure. :cool:

BossHawg

show me some pictures. would love to see your drum. you hang chickens? i like your idea. 1/2 chickens hanging sounds good. got any pics w/ the chicken hanging? how do you like your drum? what do you like to cook in it the most? how long w/ a basket of lump last ya in the drum? i'm looking forward to this journey for sure. :cool:

Best chicken ever and one of the easiest things to cook ever; pretty good combo. I will take some picts tommorrow and post them. I like my drum smoker setup but I like the the one Big Poppa offers better. A basket of lump in smoking conditions (225-250 degrees)could last a whole day or more. For chicken I do half a basket with all the lump lit at once. When smoking I light only a section of the top and let it slowly burn down as needed. When done with the meat, just choke off the air and the charcoal goes out. Whats left can be used again. Pretty cool.

sparky

is anyone else having problems seeing the quotes and who's posting?

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Administrator
we arent formally open they are working as we speak...all day the last two days...you are seeing the rough cut because the chicks dig you

D

Danielle

Almost Done!

we arent formally open they are working as we speak...all day the last two days...you are seeing the rough cut because the chicks dig you

Hey there Big Poppa!

We're getting close to completion of the site-all crucial design elements are up for users to enjoy as of now! This could be considered the "soft launch", and we will be working for a full launch by end of day tomorrow to make final design changes.

Thanks!

Danielle

sparky

Hey there Big Poppa!

We're getting close to completion of the site-all crucial design elements are up for users to enjoy as of now! This could be considered the "soft launch", and we will be working for a full launch by end of day tomorrow to make final design changes.

Thanks!

Danielle

thank you danielle. we are looking forward to it. do ppl ever call ya dani? will we be able to have avatars? i'm very cute. not a chick magnet like BP.

go 49ers.

samreddevilz

i wanna thank the admin panel first. They are superb and this site also. It looks great. Informative and effective forum.... Wanna be here for a long time.

Top Bottom