"Reverse Indirect Seared' Kurobuta Pork Chops

Big Poppa

Administrator
This cook shows you something I call Reverse Indirect Searing...Nice slow cook to just about done and then instead of raising the fire basket....we open the drum and let the coals catch fire and sear from the lower position....we get the continued benefit of the drippings hittlng the coal but a little more controlled....

I started the drum with a chimney about a third full
IMG_0243-9.jpg

Seasoned the pork chops with a prototype rub Maple Bacon jalapeno rum....smoked at 250 and flipped at 110 internal
IMG_0244-9.jpg

then pulled the chops and let the fire get hot and seared for about 90 seconds a side
IMG_1486.jpg

Now a note I will elaborate on in another thread...dont I sound academic? hahahaha but I sauced after I pulled because I didnt want carmelization of the sugars on this cook. A benefit of the indirect reverse sear or the lower position basket sear is that you can manage the burning of the sugars in your sauces much better with this method

Here it is I used Plowboys Sweet 180 for the cook and the sweet sauce with the slightly spicy rub was really good
IMG_0247-7.jpg

inside slice
IMG_0248-8.jpg

cowgirl

I like the idea of being able to sear from the bottom hot coal rack. Thanks for the tip BP. :)
Your chops look fantastic!

Top Bottom