Meatball's !!!!!

Steviez269

Well , I'm an Italian boy from the north end of Boston . So I tried combining two of my favorite things . Italian food and BBQ ! I smoked my veal , pork and beef meatballs with onion and bacon and homemade sausage for an hour at 225 with some grapevine an peach wood . Then put them in my Sunday gravy to simmer for 4-5 hours ! Friends and family knew it was different but couldn't point it out ! They all raved how amazing it was , even the ones who hate BBQ ! I told them after the meal what I did , they now all want it like this every Sunday ! They were amazing . This is my new "non traditional BBQ" dinner .

Steviez269

Haha ! I've tried posting pics of a few things , I only have my iPhone , no computer ! It just won't let me for some reason

NCWood

Hey squirt, not sure what I am doing wrong but I can't get this forum to show up on tapatalk, what's your secret?

Thanks,

Gary

MrAdam

I post my pictures to photobucket and then copy and paste the IMG link. Works from my Android, so it should work from an iPhone.

sheepdad

I post my pictures to photobucket and then copy and paste the IMG link. Works from my Android, so it should work from an iPhone.

Thats what I do too...very easy. Not available on Tapatalk...yet...hint hint

The meatballs sound great. Like the idea of the veal/pork/beef combo. Gonna have to try that sometime.

Nafle

This was nice, I't reminded me of something I made last winter. I called them Mafia Moinks then :) made a traditional Italian meatball With onion moist bread and seasoning (will post the resipie if any one want it.) wrapped in bacon but served with baced beans and mashed potatoes and salad :)
WP_000639_zpse07239e9.jpg
[/IMG]

Nafle

Nafle’s Italian Mafia Moink’s

400g minced meat
Leftover bread (not too much)
1 clove garlic
½ yellow onion/ or salad onion (fine chopped, by choice)
Parsley – chopped (by choice)
40g parmesan
2 eggs
Salt & pepper
Bacon for wrapping
Good mopping sauce (I prefer a sweet to compliment the bacon in this version)

Soak the bread in the milk. Mix the meat and the seasoning in a bowl. And add the soaked bread (squeeze some of the milk out of the bread.)
Take a tablespoon and shape some meatballs, and wrap them in bacon.
The BBQ or the drum need a temperature approximately 300* – 350*F and I used apple chunks for smoking. 30-45 minutes and it’s done.
I have to say that the bread makes the texture in the meatball different somehow different but good.

Top Bottom