bacon wrapped hot dogs

tugnut1

I can't remember who it was, but someone here posted a recipe that had bacon wrapped hot dogs as part of the ingredient. I thought that was a brilliant idea and I'm not sure why I never thought of it before.

We tried it tonight and it was a huge, huge hit with the family. We just used regular bacon from Meijers since it would cook faster. After I wrapped the dogs, I sprinkled my memphis dust rub and hit the grill.

IMG_4474a.jpg

IMG_4477a.jpg

We put them on buns and put some Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce on it instead of ketchup. WOW!

This is going to be a regular here at the house.

tugnut1

So far, we are three for three with recipes on this site. It's already worth the price of admission.

Browninggold

We did them a few weeks ago. I made a slice down the middle of the dog to open it up and put shredded sharp cheese in the dog and then wrapped with bacon. Excellent. I keep eating like this and I will need my own zip code. :)

jimsbarbecue

Staff member
Most street dogs I see in LA the bacon is not cooked enough for me. Yours looks perfect,if a eat a bacon dog it needs to have bacon crunch.

cowgirl

Looks great Tugnut!! Really tasty!!

I've not tried dogs but I like to slice brats down the center and insert slivers of jalapeno before wrapping in bacon for an extra kick. Will give hotdogs a try too. Thanks!

tugnut1

I never thought of slicing the dogs/brats and putting stuff in them. Great idea since the bacon will hold it together. I will have to try that the next time. I would love to put cheese in there.

Top Bottom