Rib Eye Roast

jimsbarbecue

Staff member
Did a Rib Eye roast on the drum. Set the Drum to run at 225 and cooked the roast until the internal was 130º . 125º would be the preferred internal. When it was done set it out on the cutting board until the internal temp started to drop. Left it on the cutting board and sliced on demand as the guest came around. Thanks to BP for the advice. Was the crowd favorite.

DSC02228-L.jpg

DSC02217-L.jpg

Flipped when the internal temp was 103º

DSC02222-L.jpg

DSC02230-L.jpg

sparky

thats nice. really good cook jim. no pics of slices? :( ya, how long did it take to hit 130? i do like your drum. i like the weber lid on it. i'm already looking for a used weber to make another drum.

Greatscott!

Looks fantastic, great job!

It looks like you've got some kind of outlet hole that your thermometer cables run through -- may I ask exactly what you did there? I'd like to do the same thing on my upcoming build but am afraid of punching too many holes in the thing or drilling too big of a hole, especially for times when not using a therm.

jimsbarbecue

Staff member
About three hours. to get to temp the roast was a full one cut in half. a little over 6 pounds. There is NO wood chunks or pellets in the drum for extra smoke. All thats from the roast cooking over the coals

BossHawg

Looks fantastic, great job!

It looks like you've got some kind of outlet hole that your thermometer cables run through -- may I ask exactly what you did there? I'd like to do the same thing on my upcoming build but am afraid of punching too many holes in the thing or drilling too big of a hole, especially for times when not using a therm.

Hey Greatscott, I've got three 1/2" holes on either side of the top edge of my smoker for hanging chicken off of rebar. I also string my digital thermometer probes through one of the holes. I just place strip magnets (the ones used for business cards or refridge magnets) over the holes when not needed. Airtight seals on all holes. The heat doesnt melt the magnets. I use meat hooks to hang the chicken from the rebar. Can do 10-15 chicken halves at once with no problem Best chicken ever.
Eric

Top Bottom