Smoketoberfest - Drumapalooza!

swamprb

This past weekend I was invited to attend an all Drum smoker Chicken & Ribs fun cookoff for the family and friends of the employees of Exotic Tool Welding at Kayak Point, WA. I brought my Hunsaker Smokers clone and Hybrid cans with me and had a blast!

I had met a couple of the guys at a Pacific Northwest BBQ Association BBQ Pitmaster/CBJ class I was assisting while I was a BOD member a couple years ago. Chuck had built a couple drums from ideas he'd seen in the net and had never cooked on them let alone cooked the 4 meats on them!

Naturally, I was drawn to the drums and gave them some pointers and they ended up winning GC out of the dozen or so teams that participated in the class.

The weather was great, there were 8 teams that were cooking and they even had a couple PNWBA CBJ's to help with the judging. Tons of food and drinks and a Cornhole Tournament!

Here is a link to my fb page:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.919554311459051.1073741848.116187658462391&type=3

There are some pretty interesting builds that I thought would be of interest here.

Feel free to poke around and "like" if you care! Enjoy!

Last edited:
Top Bottom