UDS Mod

NATAS

Hi from Canada,

Looking to get a "UDS". Will probably get a kit, as I'm having a hard time finding the grill grates at a reasonable prices using the interwebs. It looks like the BPS kit comes with one grate. Has anyone added a second or a third grate? If so how much space should there be between grates?

Cheers

The average human walks 900 miles per year and drinks 22 gallons of beer, which means the average human gets 41 miles per gallon. NOT BAD!

DrumDumb

If you can get a webber kettle lid, I think the 2nd rack would be best above the one mounted per the kit instructions. I think going lower would be a less desirable. I have cooked a lot so far and have not needed a second rack. 2nd drum, well that 's a different story.

swamprb

I sacrifice a 22" kettle and cut @ 1.5-2" off the lip of the bowl to make a flange that sets in my 55 gallon drums, which allows me to use a Weber lid, rotisserie ring or even a Cajun Bandit Stacker.

IMG_1007.jpg

Toddler

I like swamprb's idea. I don't own many tools, and with MS, that is probably beyond what I could do on my own. Any tips for how to find someone locally who can make that cut in my Weber kettle? Auto body shop maybe?

Chili Head

The rotisserie attachment ...does it just sit inside the drum with the lid setting on top? I just got a used weber lid I'm going to weld some flat stock to, to make a ring that fits just inside my stainless drum.mim wondering if that will work on the rotisserie too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom