Beef Back Ribs

DrumDumb

I thought I would try my hand at beef back ribs today. I know there is not a ton of meat on them, but damn, the price is right. Should make a perfect snack.

I am using salt, pepper, and garlic powder. I will spritz every hour with beef broth. The smoke is a mix of a touch of hickory, and some cherry. Let's see how this goes.

beef ribs.jpg

What? You want to see the final product? Well, you'll have to tune in later. Patience my friends. Patience.

DrumDumb

Update shots:

1 hr in:

1 hr.jpg

2 hrs. Going into foil.

2 hrs.jpg

Just kind of playing it by ear at this point. I will check them hourly for tenderness.

smokeasaurus

This is gonna be good. True, there is not much meat but what meat is there is beefy goodness. I usually foil my beef ribs towards the end to ensure tenderness..............

DrumDumb

Ohhhh MAN!!! Those were good. A little chewy, so I will go longer in the foil next time. I don't care. I can make these mistakes all day long.

Let's cut in and see what we get. I'm liking the smoke ring. And the juices.

ring.jpg

As you can see, there was nothing stopping me from cleaning these ribs. I like beef ribs. Can only get better from here.

bone.jpg

Only $4 and some change for that slab. Good eatin!

smokeasaurus

Sounds like a great cook and now ya got me hankerin for beef ribs :p If I recall correctly, I cook beef ribs pretty much the same way I do pork spares.......the foil at the end really helps beef ribs get tender.....

Top Bottom