Finally got a nice day

DrumDumb

I finally got a day above 50 to get the painting done on the drum. All holes are drilled, and final paint is on. Tomorrow should give me some time to get the hardware on. Then I start thinking about the first cook. I can't wait to use this thing!

uds 1.jpg

DrumDumb

I don't really know to be honest with you. I plan on burning a basket of charcoal when I get it together just to see how it wants to run as far as temps go. The paint I put on is rustoleum high heat. Good for 1200 degrees. I plan on taking the test run from the low 200's to the upper 300's. Then it's time for some ribs. :D

Salmonsmoker

Some paints advise an initial temp. of 250F for 1/2 hr., remove heat source(or shut down unit) and cool down, then 350F for another 1/2 hr.

smokeasaurus

Some paints advise an initial temp. of 250F for 1/2 hr., remove heat source(or shut down unit) and cool down, then 350F for another 1/2 hr.

That's what I was wonderin about...you could start with a 1/4 full basket and remove it for the drum to cool and then add some coals and set er back in..............

Top Bottom