Ginger - BPS REDRUM hits the deck!

swamprb

IMG_1002.jpg

BPS Drum Smoker kit, 55 gallon drum from Al's Drum & Barrel on Airport Way S. in Seattle, WA (call ahead and tell them its for a BBQ and it will be unpainted if you like) Painted with Dupli-Color RED Engine enamel, BBQ Guru adapter added.

IMG_1003.jpg

My REDneck ash tray and beefed up charcoal grate.

IMG_1004.jpg

But it wouldn't be a swamprb REDRUM without a Red Weber lid!

IMG_1005.jpg

Or a Cajun Bandit Reversible WSM/Kettle Rotisserie Ring!

IMG_1006.jpg

Go Big or stay home! The Big Ten Inch! Cajun Bandit Stainless steel Stacker Ring adds an extra grate and 10" to the height of the drum!

IMG_1007.jpg

Stay hungry!

Salmonsmoker

Great job Swamp! Al's is where I got my first barrel. If you can find a tall enough collar, you could hang a whole hog in it. :)

Salmonsmoker

Babel, I think someone posted on that a ways back. The lid didn't fit the barrel he had so he found a ring (collar) or something that slipped inside his barrel. He had it raised above the top of his drum a bit, drilled and through bolted the collar to the barrel and the Weber lid fit perfectly. You might find it by a search of the forum. That would certainly make it easier to roast a big turkey. I put a second row of support screws below the first set to be able to lower the grill or use two grills at once. That worked well also for doing the turkey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swamprb

Take a look at the 3rd picture-
it shows the collar or "soon to be patented swamprb's Weber kettle lid flange" in the rim of the drum. It's the top of a kettle bowl. I used a cutoff wheel to remove it, used some Rutland stove gasket and Permatex high temp silicone to seal any gaps in the flange. It's removable, and for most open drums, needed to get a good seat for the 22" Weber lid. The lid of my 26.75" Weber OTG fits my 85 gallon drum with out a flange.
Hope this helps!

DjPorkchop

Nice! I like it.

I am in the process of building a rotissery add-on for my Drum. Mine won't look near as nice as yours though. ;)

Top Bottom