First smoke on the BPS chicken and ribs........

brent2828

This was my first time using the BPS with food in it (i did one run without food to get used to the cooker) and it turned out great. It was 100% easier than the modified ECB (el cheapo brinkmann) ive been using for the past 5 years, it was almost set it and forget it. I lit 13 kingsford blue bag briquettes in my chimney and filled the basket to a little over half with unlit briquettes with three chunks of hickory (about 9.5oz weight) nestled in the coals. I set each vent with 2 holes open on each side until about 210 then set it to about 1 hole on each side it settled in about 235. So here is the pics.
Ribs with big bob gibson (well sorta) rub out of chris lillys book.
20140120_102518-1.jpg
A quartered chicken with amazingribs.com, meatheads memphis rub.
20140120_123350-1.jpg
Here they are in the drum.
20140120_143652-1.jpg
Chicken finished.
20140120_151654-1.jpg
Saucing the ribs with the basket in the raised position using amazingribs.com kansa city classic bbq sauce
20140120_172958-1.jpg

brent2828

Ribs after removing.
20140120_173605-2.jpg
So the BPS did great, sorry for the not so great pics, also i used a 16" pizza pan as a deflector and a foil pan as a water pan.

Bigr314

Congrats on your first cook. Looks like you did a terrific job. If it tastes like it looks nice job. Thanks for the pics.

Bigr314

I wish I ran across this forum before I built my own drum. It would of been a lot easier. Enjoy your new drum.

brent2828

I wish I ran across this forum before I built my own drum. It would of been a lot easier. Enjoy your new drum.
yes this forum helps tremendously, i read for several weeks before i got my BPS on here and by the time it got here i already knew the technique that was needed so it was very easy, so a big thanks to everyone on here, also the food was great its rubs and sauce that ive been using for 3 or 4 years so it was just using the BPS that was new, also it was the first time using chunks ive always used chips. i sure am glad i went with the bps.

Top Bottom